Re: problem within libcurl configure

From: Iris Jing <iris_jing_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:33:05 +0000

Hi Dan,

You're quite right. The libgssapi_krb5.so is indeed a symbolic link.

============{ libgssapi_krb5.so }=================
[user_at_host user]$ ls -l /usr/kerberos/lib/libgss*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 145482 Mar 6 2003
/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 May 5 2003
/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 May 5 2003
/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 -> libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 73756 Mar 6 2003
/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
=================={ End }=====================

And I did get an error message when I tried "rpm -V krb5-libs":

[user_at_host user]$ rpm -V krb5-libs
.......T c /etc/krb5.conf

Does this mean that there is something wrong with /etc/krb5.conf? I guess
you're right, we
need a new devel package for krb5. Is it downloadable from the web or we
have to find in on the
boot disk?

Thanks for all the tips.

Iris

Now that I think about it, the libgssapi_krb5.so file is probably a
symbolic link to the library included in the krb5-libs package. Look
for an error in the command "rpm -V krb5-libs". Red Hat has issued a
security fix for that library, by the way; you should upgrade to the
1.2.7-14 version of your krb5 packages. If an incorrect installation
or version is the cause of this problem, that ought to fix it as a bonus.