Re: Question on CURLOPT_VERBOSE

From: Lars Nilsson <chamaeleon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 02:24:24 -0400

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:27:38 -0400, Wei Weng <wweng_at_kencast.com> wrote:
> How can I see the "verbose" output on windows once I turned it on by
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1)? I have my dbmon(debug monitor
> program that monitors the outputdebugstring output) on but don't see anything.

To see the output perhaps you should try using AllocConsole(). I'm
assuming you have a Windows GUI program and not a console program.
Without this call, there is no place for stderr to go. The TRACE()
output that you may see using a debug monitor is not related to the
stderr output (if I'm not mistaken). If you desperately need to get
the output to your debug monitor instead of the console (made visible
with AllocConsole()), make use of the debug/header/progress, etc,
callback functions (depending on your actual needs) in libcurl and use
TRACE() with the strings given to your callback function.

Lars