Re: Windows CE (1/1) (1/1)

From: Paul Nolan <paul_at_idruna.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:18 +0000 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hi Daniel,

> 1 - Please don't use tabs in the code. Follow the indent levels already
> in use and do them with spaces.

Sorry!

> 2 - In include/curl/multi.h you remove an #ifdef check and made it

I thought that was what the HAVE_WINSOCK2_H define was for, I guess not.
I`ll change it to:

#if defined(WIN32) && !defined(_WIN32_WCE) && !defined(__GNUC__) ||
defined(__MINGW32__)

> 3 - Your disabling of the FILE protocol in file.c, is that because you
> can't make it work on Win CE?

Oh, that would have been easier! I`ll remove my changes to that file.
WinCE only has fopen not open.

> 4 - The usage of CreateThread() instead of _beginthreadex()

Win CE does not actually have the beginthread functions, presumably they
eliminated the memory leak problem from Win32.

> 5 - Why the #if 0 in lib/memory.h ?

Ah, I see why now, curl redefines strdup, even when HAVE_STRDUP is
undefined, except strdup is _strdup under CE, and my #define strdup
_strdup gets #undefed, I`ll rearrange it..

> 6 - Why the CURL_CDECL stuff in mprintf.c ? We do other function
> callbacks
> in the code for which you didn't seem to need that stuff.

That was a strange one, I think the declarations must be different under
CE as the compiler had a fit without my changes.

> 7 - The comment for your patch in strerror.c says "no strerror".

The code below that line in my version does use strerror. I double
checked, and FormatMessage is supported, I`ll get it to use that instead.
Everything in CE is unicode only BTW in case you are wondering about the
need for the temp buffer and string conversions..

I`ll attach the new diff output.

Thanks,

Paul Nolan, CEO Idruna Software Inc.
http://www.idruna.com