Re: "Separate DLL names for debug/release on Win32""

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:54:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Russ Freeman wrote:

> Maybe so...but I thought def files are compiler/vendor indendent

It is? That would of course be a big reason to keep it.

> easy to maintain - but the declspec directive is not.

I beg to differ. The .def file has been lagging behind numerous times because
of the fact that it is a list of functions outside of the code. I think it
would be easier if the code itself defined what functions that are present in
the external API.

> The name in the .DEF file is not needed, certainly I don't use it coz it's a
> PITA.

You mean the initial LIBRARY name?