Simple encoding problem (perhaps :-) )

From: Nico Alberti <nico.alberti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:07:19 +0100

Hi everybody,

I am having problems trying to make a POST submission in a python
program. Other POSTs are fine, while this is giving me lots of
troubles probably (I think) because of encoding problems.

Infact, while if I try to use curl from the DOS command line this way
(of course I have a lot more data to POST):

curl --data "H1APPA5=IST%23&(many other fields)" https://my.web.page
everything works fine, while in Python something like

pf="H1APPA5=IST%23&(many other fields)"
an then the canonical calls to the curl post commands give me a
completely different set of data (I get only a page with some low
privilege data).

This is probably more a Python problem (I am a newbie there) than a
Curl one, so sorry if the post is not perfectly on topic, but I am
stuck.

Thank you in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Ciao
Nico