Re: Simple encoding problem (perhaps :-) )

From: Guillaume Arluison <ga_at_lacde.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:28:18 -0000

I'm a python user too.

Try to make your python code as simple as possible with the same problem and
send it, Ill run it myself/see the code more clearly.

> pf="H1APPA5=IST%23&(many other fields)"
Beware that in python (like some other languages) the % has a special
meaning (and waits for an input on the right of the string) or it could be
the use of ["] and ['].
One of the good trick in python that quickly solves string interpretations
problems is to use the special python strings with ''' like
    mystr = '''H1APPA5=IST%23&(many other fields)'''
which can greatly help sometimes especially if you dont want to bang your
head on special characters like affecting a complete web page as a test.

''' means 3 times the single [']
<Gu>[W]ill[i]a<u>m<e>
http://www.lacde.net