Re: PUT with digest auth, sends HEAD #1054859

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie_at_shareable.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:47:20 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> You also forgot this option
>
> 4. The Microsoft client sends the PUT data twice, unconditonally.
>
> The worst part is that I'm not sure which one of these I hope it'll turn
> out to be!

Eric Glass' document says Internet Explorer does NTLM. IE is
obviously capable of large POST requests - just use a form upload with
a large file.

So all you need for testing is Internet Explorer, an IIS server
using NTLM, and tcpdump or such.

(The upload form doesn't have to come from the IIS server: it can be a
local file written specially for this test).

-- Jamie