Re: curl_easy_init with c-ares, but without nameservers?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:59:54 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Andreas Rieke wrote:

(cc'ing this to the c-ares list as well)

> When using cURL with c-ares, curl_easy_init returns NULL in my environment
> without nameservers, and as far as I can see, this is because ares_init is
> called from within curl_easy_init. I assume that ares_init is not able to
> find any nameservers and thus refuses working.

Any change you can debug this a bit? I don't see how c-ares can fail in a
situation like this with a good reason. First, a name server can be gone and
then come back, but perhaps most importantly I think it should be able to
resolve names using the standard hosts files nonetheless.