Re: CVS problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:01:58 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> My last commit seemed to fail for no reason:

> cvs commit: warning: Set to use deprecated info format strings. Establish
> compatibility with the new info file format strings (add a temporary '1' in
> all info files after each '%' which doesn't represent a literal percent) and
> set UseNewInfoFmtStrings=yes in CVSROOT/config. After that, convert
> individual command lines and scripts to handle the new format at your
> leisure.

I need to investigate what this is and what I need to do about it.

> Generating notification message... done.
> sh: /bin/mail: No such file or directory

After my system update yesterday (we replaced the system disk and updated from
an old Redhat install to a fresh Debian - the whole process was a bit more
involved and painful than planned and it took many more hours than what we
expected), the server has lots of new versions of just about everything and a
few new paths for some basic commands. Such as the mail program used by the
commit-mailer.

So, I'll fix this in the server end so hopefully this will work fine in the
next commit!

> And ViewCVS have problems too; Python Exceptions (Broken pipe).

Yes, it wasn't installed properly but should be fine now.

> I've not changed anything at my end that should cause this. I have no
> /bin/mail program and it used to work fine until today. Scratching head.

The fault is all mine!