POST with digest authentication

From: D H <dhjunkuse_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:19:35 +0000

I am trying to use libcurl to write a client that needs to talk to a limited
HTTP server interface. This server interface returns an empty response (and
connection is terminated) when it gets a HEAD request.

I am using digest authentication and trying to make a POST request with
some data (POSTFIELDS). Curl inevitably sends a HEAD request when I do this
(and hence I get an empty response from the server). If I use basic
authentication, then curl does not seem to make the HEAD request.

Questions:

1) Is there anyway of making libcurl do the POST request without making the
head request (for digest authentication)? THe server would also accept GET
request with some data,

2) If not, would it be messy to attempt to change curl code (in my
implementation) to not send a HEAD request? Any pointers on which source
files to look at would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dh