Re: problems with glibc-2.3.4.20041102

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:07:55 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, b0fh wrote:

> As libcurl is the only network-library used in the plugin

Are you using libcurl only, and not curl the tool? If so, we should better
switch to the libcurl mailing list. I'm cc'ing this reply that way.

> this error occurs at submitting a http-connect.

Now we're closing in. What does the request look like? And when in the process
does the error occur?

> S oI just wanted you to have a look at the forum-thread I had in the first
> message here. The post by makuk66 (on 4th page) points on a possible problem
> in a curl-routine.

You mean the check for EINTR and calling select() again?

I would much rather understand the problem and apply a suitable fix than just
blindly patching things because a user in a forum somewhere suggests it. Don't
get me wrong, the user might be very skilled and well informed, but until I
get more details I can't know.

> Yes, I should switch to a more stable system again I think, but
> unfortunately those changes go to a stable version some day :)

If they're not bugs that are fixed in the next public release, then yes.

But then we will be many users who can easily repeat the problem and we'll fix
it.