Re: FTP Upload problem : crash

From: <joseph.tilley_at_atxinc.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:56:25 -0500

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I had gone straight to the more
common example programs on how to do this, and didn't spot any comments
about differences in Windows there. My fault for not reading all the
documentation more carefully!

Perhaps OS incompatibility comments like this should be added to any code
examples that are distributed?

Anyhow, thanks again!

Cheers,
joe

Joe Tilley
E-File Senior Engineer
ATX II, LLC
Phone: (207) 498-4289 ext. 40728
Fax: (207) 498-6838
E-Mail: joseph.tilley_at_atxinc.com

> Any advice at all as to what I may be doing wrone here would be GREATLY
> appreciated!
You must provide a CURLOPT_READFUNCTION that reads a chunk from the file
and
returns it to libcurl.
libcurl cannot use the FILE * you pass to it since in Windows, a DLL
cannot
use that pointer passed on to it from an app. It will cause an exception.
I believe this is stated several places in the docs.