libcurl question, Range support for http

From: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo_at_informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:49:11 +0100

Hi,

I have the job of downloading various chunks of a single file. The
HTTP "Range:" header would be ideal for this so now I have some
questions:

1. Any support for Range in libcurl I didn't see?

I saw that you can add custom headers but would libcurl handle the
server responces right?

2. How would libcurl pass back the data with Range: a-b,c-d,e-f
statement?

Just one big buffer (or many small as data appears) and I
have to cut it back into chunks at the right places?

3. Can I queue up a multitude of requests onto one easy_handler and
then perform them all?

I know there is the multi interface but that sounds more like
downloading multiple files from various sources concurrently. I want
to download them all sequentialy with only one connect to the
server. But I don't want to send each request on its own and wait for
the round-robin delay till the data arrives.

I actualy want only one file but possibly a lot of Range statements
which might have to be split up into multiple requests.

MfG
        Goswin