RE: C libcurl max multi connections limit

From: Robert Iakobashvili <roberti_at_Go-WLAN.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:37:16 +0200

Hi Gokul Soundararajan,

I am doing things simular to yours.

Most probably you are either :

1. Hitting the descriptors limit, which is 1024 on linux:
   increase it prior to run by e.g. #ulimit -n 10000;
2. Hitting the default select () limit of 1024 descriptors:
   pickup the latest night-build version of libcurl with
   the recent patch, which is using pool () system call instead;

You may wish also to decrease (but not too much - up to 10-20 sec) time-wait lifetime of the closed
   tcp-sockets, which is somewhere in /proc.

Sincerely,
Robert Iakobashvili