Re: Lib Curl not uploading file while FTPS

From: Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:29:59 +0000

Hi,

I Might be missing something here but...

In FTPS all connections are SSL based? if so then every time a
connection is made be it for data or control there will have to be SSL
handshaking going on?

Are you really wanting to use FTPS are are you actually meaning to use
FTP?

I don't see why you might want to encrypt the control connection but not
the data connection. Although this will have less overhead on the
client/server and network it is effectively just as insecure as plain
FTP.

Andy

--
Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>