runtime check failure in http_ntlm.c

From: Rene Bernhardt <rbeere_at_nouvex.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:34:28 +0100

I got a runtime check failure at the end of the mkhash method saying that
the stack around the pointer ntbuffer was corrupted.

I am not a very expierienced programmer but is it possible that the line

> memset(ntbuffer+16, 0, 8); (near the end of the mkhash method)

causes this failure ??

ntbuffer is defined as an array of 21 chars
This line would try to set the memory to zero up to the 24th byte of
ntbuffer.

I changed it for me to .

> memset(ntbuffer+16, 0, 5);

and now it is working without the runtime check failure.

Am I right with this?? I looked through your Web-cvs and saw the this line
of code exists like this in former versions as well , so I did not think
that a little bug got there accidently.

René