Re: cygwin testsuite hanging

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:52:17 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, David Byron wrote:

> I also tried running sws by myself, like this:
>
> $ server/sws 8999 .
>
> and then in another shell running
>
> $ ./curl http://127.0.0.1:8999 --verbose
> * About to connect() to 127.0.0.1 port 8999
> * Trying 127.0.0.1... * connected
> * Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 8999
>> GET / HTTP/1.1
> OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.2.1
> Host: 127.0.0.1:8999
> Pragma: no-cache
> Accept: */*
>
> where the client just hangs after that. The only file in the log directory
> is sws.log:

I think this particular effect is a bug in the server that makes it expect and
use a persistent connection by default and it doesn't unset this when the test
case isn't found. I'll commit a fix for this.

I the mean time, you can try fetching a numerical page to get the data
from that test case back. So to get the data from test 1, use:

  ./curl http://127.0.0.1:8999/1 --verbose

Does this work?

> Can anyone shed some light on this?

I recently modified how the test script deals with newlines and the verifying
of them. I have a distant memory that the way we used to do was added because
of some cygwin effects. I had to remodel the script to make sure the script
does a strict check.

Try running test case 1 with more verbose options:

  ./runtests.pl -d -v -p 1

... it might reveal the specific point where it stops better.