building debug version with MSVC 6 and SSL

From: David Byron <DByron_at_everdreamcorp.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:43:08 -0800

Has anyone had any success building the debug version of curl using MSVC
6 and SSL?

I can get the debug version to build with no ssl, but this is what I see
using SSL:

        link.exe /incremental:yes /debug /libpath:../lib /nologo
/out:curl.exe /
subsystem:console /machine:I386
/LIBPATH:"c:\src\cobra\openssl-0.9.7a/out32" lib
curld.lib libeay32.lib ssleay32.lib gdi32.lib wsock32.lib winmm.lib
hugehelpd.ob
j writeoutd.obj urlglobd.obj getpassd.obj homedird.obj timevald.obj
strtoo
fftd.obj maind.obj curld.res
   Creating library curl.lib and object curl.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMT" conflicts with use of other
libs; us
e /NODEFAULTLIB:library
LINK : fatal error LNK1000: unknown error; consult documentation for
technical s
upport options
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x3e8'
Stop.

I am linking with non-debug SSL libraries (compiled with /MT to
statically link the runtime libs). Curl is compiled with /MTd. I tried
building SSL with debug, but haven't been successful there. I normally
have no trouble mixing /MT and /MTd modules.

I tried to get a proper diff for this, but I can't ping cool.haxx.se
just now. I think src/Makefile.vc6 needs to change so that timevald.obj
and strtoofftd.obj build using $(CCD) instead of $(CCR).

-DB