Link error in Sun5.6, why should gcc lib must needed?

From: hzhijun <hzhijun_at_huawei.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:54:39 +0800

the configure cmd:

  configure --prefix=$HOME --with-ssl=/home/hzj/openssl --disable-ipv6 --disable-shared

the result after configure:

  curl version: 7.12.2

  Host setup: sparc-sun-solaris2.6

  Install prefix: /home/hzj

  Compiler: gcc

  SSL support: enabled

  zlib support: no (--with-zlib)

  krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)

  GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)

  SNPEGO support: no (--with-spnego)

  c-ares support: no (--enable-ares)

  ipv6 support: no (--enable-ipv6)

  IDN support: no (--with-libidn)

  Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes

  Built-in manual: enabled

When I make successfully in Sun5.6, I use -lcurl to link my program. I got the following errors:

ild: (Performing full relink) too many files changed
ild: (warning) shared lib, needed by argument lib -lcurl, not found :: libgcc_s.so.1
ild: (undefined symbol) __floatdidf -- referenced in /home/hezy/FREE_LIB/lib/libcurl.so

I add the gcc lib path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH as the following and i link successfully.

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

When I begin to start my program, it prompt the libgcc_s.so related error, and I have to setenv again in the running enviroment.

Why? How to deal with it?