SIGPIPE and CURL

From: Bharathi Ramajayam <Bharathi.Ramajayam_at_siebel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:34:55 -0700

Hi,

I am from Siebel Systems and one of our customer on AIX 5.1 is using
curl to make http calls. This customer has customized the Siebel
application to call a third party library that calls Curl; and the
Siebel application by default ignores the SIGPIPE signal. However seems
like Curl has its own signal handler that overrides the Siebel signal
handler and causes the SIGPIPE to exit the process. We do not want the
process to exit for a SIGPIPE. Can you please guide us on where the
signal handler is being set by Curl and can it be modified and if so
how?

Can you please also let me know what is CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL and when it is
to be used? If there is any documentation can you please forward it to
me ?
Thanks
Bharathi Ramajayam
Siebel Technical Support

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.