Re: [libcurl] [Generation on UNIX] Options of configure script

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:11:26 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 delphine.menjikoff_at_orsyp.com wrote:

(If you subscribe to this list first, you won't have to wait for a list admin
to acknowledge each mail.)

> With the Visual C++ IDE, I can specify easily the output of intermediate
> file (.obj files) and the output file of libcurl.lib.

In good old unix-tradtion, the object files are created within the directory
tree where you invoked configure.

> In spite of these options, all *.o files are generated in the
> /my_dir/curl_7.12.3/lib directory and the libcurl.a is generated in the
> /my_dir/curl_7.12.3/lib/.libs directory

As is mentioned in docs/INSTALL, the final step of a curl build is often the
actual installation of the program and library. 'make install' copies the
files to the proper places, possibly previously specified when you invoked
configure.