Re: gettimeofday() on Win32

From: <Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:59:42 +0100

Hi Gisle,
     some time ago, I told you about that function. This was my e-mail:

***********************************
Hi Gisle,
>I assume that's timeGetTime().

>BTW. either time-method is only precise to 1msec. Win32 has
>functions for 100nsec resolution if that would be needed.

I tried to search for such a function, but it seems that those functions,
just claim to be 100nsec of resolution, but
they updates them result only every 15ms (I guess you are referring to
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime).

The best way I found to get precision to nsecs was an ASM function that
returns the CPU cycles count, but it is
platform dependant (on my 1.7Ghz CPU it gets about 1500000000 cycles in a
second).

I tried that function. On my PC, it updates every 15 ms.

Regards,
     Massimiliano