Status report: FTP going state-machine

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:03:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi

The patch is now at 140K and counting. I have around 70% of all FTP commands
converted now, and all tests up to 510 run fine. 511 fails at the moment.

Parts of it are also already adjusted for the multi interface, and fixing the
rest for multi will not be vary hard.

Everything that we support in the FTP code but isn't tested in the test suite,
like for example the 3rd party transfers, have not been touched yet and I'm
not sure how the best way to proceed with that is. I'll probably have to halt
and adjust the test suite to support testing of this first, then add a bunch
of test cases for it, then continue to convert that code into state-machine
too.

I expect it to take another few weeks before I have something actual to show.
I think we better release a 7.12.4 before I add all this remodeled FTP code!
But with 10 listed bug fixes already, I'm guessing a release will be good in
another few weeks anyway.

I can make the patch available if anyone is interested of the work in
progress.