Re: Building curl on Windows CE

From: Maarten Daniels <maarten.daniels_at_luc.ac.be>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:52:03 +0100

Hi,

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Maarten Daniels wrote:
>
>> -downloaded and extracted latest daily cvs snapshot
>> (curl-7.12.4-20050117)
>

> There is a slight risk that we've ruined the ability to build for
> Windows CE in this version.
>
>> -then I get the following error in config-win32ce.h(249) fatal error
>> C1083: Cannot open include file: 'process.h': No such file or directory
>

> This seems like a major problem since this include file is specificly
> added in that file to make the build on Windows CE work!

It doesn't come with a clean install of embedded visual c++ 4, maybe
there are some unofficial fixes for those missing files, but I'd like it
to work as clean as possible. What did Paul do to get around this?

>> -if I comment the process.h include I get following error in
>> setup.h(110) fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'errno.h':
>> No such file or directory
>

> What? Don't you have such a file on Windows CE? We must then make sure
> to only include it on platforms that have it. I'll work on a fix for this.

Same reply as above, I don't see it in the evc4 include files

>> -if I comment the errno.h include I get missing includes like
>> sys/socket.h......
>

> What source file tries to include that? Sounds like a bug, since the
> config-win32ce.h header doesn't define HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H, we shouldn't
> attempt to include it.

It gets included in multi.h

Kind regards,

Maarten Daniels