Re: CURLOPT_PROXY and --disable-http

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:26:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:

> as Curl_setopt (url.c) only supports CURLOPT_PROXY if CURL_DISABLE_HTTP is
> not defined. IMHO, this is an inconsistency in the curl implementation. I
> tried to fix it with the below patch, which works fine for me.

I can see how this would work, but I think I would rather have the fix the
other way: the ftp_proxy (and other *_proxy variables) should not be used at
all if HTTP is disabled.

Thus, you wouldn't have to explicitly disable proxy when running HTTP
disabled. I think that would be the most consistent approach.

Attached here is my suggestion. It would be nice if you could verify that this
works as intended. I'll commit it then.