reuse existing data connection in FTP upload

From: Ashish Nigam <anigam_at_inmage.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:02:51 -0800

I see this in TODO list for multi interface -
 * Make transfers treated more carefully. We need a way to tell libcurl we
   have data to write, as the current system expects us to upload data each
   time the socket is writable and there is no way to say that we want to
   upload data soon just not right now, without that aborting the upload.
The
   opposite situation should be possible as well, that we tell libcurl we're
   ready to accept read data. Today libcurl feeds the data as soon as it is
   available for reading, no matter what.

Now I am not using multi interface. So is it possible to do ?
I have to upload data from memory (not file) in chunks to remote file. At
present, I have to set APPEND mode to true to send all data across in a
file.
Problem with this is that it creates a new data connection everytime and
this can be a big overhead if I use small chunk and actual file size is very
large.

Is there any way to tell Curl to re-use data connection and then user can
just feed-in data in that connection ?
I am using passive mode for data transfer.

Thanks