Re: Statically linking in OS X

From: Matt Veenstra <matt_at_tribeworks.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:51:08 -0800

> I am building a .bundle on Mac OS X that uses libcurl.
> I want to make the bundle independent of installed libraries, so I want
> to link libcurl statically with my bundle.
> How do I accomplish this? I have tried running ./configure with
> --enable-static, but it still uses sqlite as a dynamically linked lib,
> and the resulting bundle is only 24 KB.
> --disable-shared doesn't improve things, either.
>
> I'm using Mac OS X 10.3.7 with XCode 1.2 and libcurl 7.12.3 on an iMac
> G5 1.8 GHz.

    I did this at one point, but don't remember the details. Do a man on ld
and you should find all you need. Apple's site has some as well.

    I now use a Framework. The make files for the framework are included
with the libcurl download. I updated this recently, but not sure if Daniel
included the latest makes yet or not.

Good luck,
Matt Veenstra
Tribeworks