Re: Statically linking in OS X

From: Tomas Franzén <tomas_at_lightheadsw.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:45:07 +0100

On Jan 23, 2005, at 0:38, Toby Peterson wrote:
> Nothing special, really. I wrote a simple curl client named test.c. Of
> course, you could also statically link openssl and zlib in a similar
> fashion.
> % gcc -lz -lcrypto /usr/lib/libcurl.a test.c

Thanks for the tip. After some tweaking, it works with my code, too. In
case someone else needs to know, here's how I do it:

gcc -framework Carbon -lz -lssl -lcrypto /usr/local/lib/libcurl.a -I
/usr/local/include/curl/ -bundle ~/Documents/Externals/cURL/main.c -o
~/Desktop/cURL\ External/cURL.bundle/Contents/MacOS/cURL

This is great, and seems to work perfectly.
However, I would like to get the same result directly from XCode. Any
idea of how to set it up this way?

Thanks,

Tomas Franzén
Lighthead Software