Re: "site to site" feature

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:29:14 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Olivier ROBIN wrote:

> I wanna connect my ftp client (made with libcurl) to two servers and tranfer
> a file between the two servers without pass by the client ("site to site"
> feature).

We use the term "Third party transfer" in curl for this kind of transfer.

> I saw the ftp3rdparty example provided with libcurl, but is it the only way
> to implement "site to site" feature ?

The only way using libcurl, yes.

> For example, can I create two CURL* in my client and connect them to the
> servers and send manually each command in the right order (PASV to the
> target server, PORT to the source server, RETR to the source server, and
> STORE to the target server) ?

No. Unless you manage to come up with some creative use of CURLOPT_*QUOTE
options and CURLOPT_NOBODY set TRUE. But I doubt that is possible.

I should also point out that the FTP third party transfer support is changed
and improved in the upcoming 7.13.0 release.