Re: a curl_multi_fdset() replacement? (TODO-RELEASE #55)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:24:49 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, CIM Massy wrote:

> I not only use libcURL but use Stunnel as well, and the same choice has been
> discussed on the list mailing.unix.stunnel-users last month : they came to
> the conclusion that using poll() would be the best solution.

One point of this function would be to allow the app to pick a function the
authors wants to use and that is around for their environment (I've heard that
for example envs like Gnome have their own kind of functions for their
event-loops). It would make libcurl agnostic to what particular
"wait"-function the app uses.

libcurl has already been fixed to use poll() internally (for platforms that
have a good poll()).