Binding for Visual Basic 6 and Office VBA

From: Jeff Phillips <jeff_at_jeffp.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:49:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I've placed an initial binding that should work with
Visual Basic 6 and Office VBA (Excel, Word, etc.) at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libcurl-vb/

Here are a couple of quick notes:

1. The project requires the VB6 engine; earlier
versions won't work.

2. It's implemented as a function-call API rather than
a COM object. That said, there is a type library, so
you don't have to type "Declare Function" all over the
place.

3. There are some samples, but not much documentation
as of yet. Anyone using this will definitely want to
consult the samples, as they show how to implement the
raw callbacks for things like CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION,
etc.

4. The Share interface is not implemented, and I'm not
sure that I plan on doing this. Everything else should
be pretty solid.

Take care,
Jeff Phillips