[ curl-Bugs-1156287 ] Can not upload a zip file in OpenVMS

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 15:17:53 -0800

Bugs item #1156287, was opened at 2005-03-03 15:17
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=1156287&group_id=976

Category: ftp
Group: bad behaviour

Initial Comment:
Hi there,

I have tried to upload a zip file with the following
command and always received a 'Uploaded unaligned
file size' error and the zip file is just partially uploaded to
ther server

curl -v -u user:password --upload-file myfile.zip
ftp://myftpserver

I tried to use the same option to upload a binary file
(e.g. wordpad.exe) or a text file, it all worked fine.

The Curl I am using was download from the link "VMS
Alpha 7.13.0 binary Marty Kuhrt 1777 KB " and I am
using OpenVMS here.

I also tested the windows version of Curl and the zip file
can be uploaded without any problems.

By the way, if I add the -crlf option, the zip file then can
be uploaded without the error, but the file size is
increased by a coulpe of bytes and I can't use winzip to
open it as it said the file is not in the right format.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks