libcurl, curlpas, ssl and Delphi

From: James Heather <J.Heather_at_surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:43:26 -0000

I'm having terrible trouble getting libcurl and SSL to work with Delphi.
Both op-curl and curlpas seem to work fine when I use a non-SSL-enabled
libcurl, but I get application faults and access violations when I try an
SSL-enabled one.

I've tried using libcurl.dll from curl-7.12.3-win32-ssl-devel.zip and from
curl-7.13.0-win32-ssl-devel-mingw32.zip but they both cause crashes. It
can't be anything I'm doing wrong in Delphi, because the precompiled sample
curlpas applications also crash. (They're fine with the non-SSL-enabled
libcurl.)

I'm also using libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll from the latest openssl
package.

What am I doing wrong? It's driving me mad.

James