Re: SSL on Windows using MSVC

From: Jeff Phillips <jeff_at_jeffp.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:16:04 -0800 (PST)

Hello Matthew,

Here are a couple of possibilities:

-- Ensure that the libcurl.dll that's being loaded is
the one that I sent you (which means that another one
is not in your PATH).

-- Ensure that you're building with the appropriate
multithreaded library (/MT for release or /MTd for
debug).

-- If the above steps fail, there may be a problem
linking to the VC7-built import library. The solution,
albeit a kludgy one, is to not link to the import
library libcurl.lib and use the notorious combination
of LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() to call the
appropriate functions in libcurl.dll.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

http://www.jeffp.net/downloads/libcurl-7.13.0-ssl-zlib-ares.zip