ssl problems

From: Arvind Sachdeva <asachdeva_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:01:45 +0530

I am facing a peculiar problem, On a Redhat 9.0 application when I
compile open ssl 0.9.7e with a prefix_folder and then I compile
libcurl (7.11.1) telling it to pick ssl from the prefix_folder. I use
this libcurl in my app with LD_LIBRARY_PATH ino the prefix_folder then
my app is not able to connect to secure sites. Ethereal shows that it
sends a sslv2 client hello, which have no response.

But When I use the system ssl(0.9.7a) with system curl (7.9.8-5), it
is able to connect to secure sites.
Can anybody hint on what is going wrong while compiling ssl and curl.
I specify --with-ssl explicitly on configure line.

I am creating shared version of libssl.so.

-Arvind Sachdeva.