Re: Statically linking libcurl in Mac OS X.

From: Matt Veenstra <matt_at_tribeworks.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:27:55 -0800

> I need to use a newer version of libcurl than the one included in OS X 10.3.8
> (7.10.2) in my application, but I can't have my application install it over
> the OS one (we want the application to be self-contained and not have to
> install anything in unix places). Also my application is old CFM compiled with
> CodeWarrior so I'll need to put the libcurl stuff in a bundle instead of
> inside the application itself.
>
> Has anyone been before in a similar situation, or for whatever reason created
> a bundle that contained the libcurl statically linked to it? Any pitfalls to
> be aware of or any advice? Or anyone has a sample Xcode project that compiles
> the libcurl? (I could work on that quite easily)

    Oscar,

In the download is a makefile to make a libcurl.framework. This is what we
use. So we distribute our application and link to the framework sitting
next to it.

This is what I would recommend. The other thing is if you need backward
compatibility then you will want to master on 10.2.8. So the libssl links
properly. Or have enough unix skills to install the old ssl libs, which I
do not.

Hope that helps,
Matt Veenstra
Tribeworks