Building libcurl as static archive with a static openssl and zlib

From: Darryl Bleau <darrylbleau_at_submersion.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:36:19 -0700

Hello,

I would like to use libcurl in my program, which is multi-platform (as
in, it runs on Linux, OSX, Win32, Netware). Most of these platforms
aren't likely to have dynamic libraries available, and regardless, my
users don't typically want to worry about having libraries. So, for all
of the external libraries I use, I archive to a .a and link them in so
they are static (part of the binary).

(The other external libraries I use (because some of them are relevant
to the question) are libjpeg, libgd, lua, openssl, cdk, pcre, zlib and
minizip).

So, I'm not sure how to archive libcurl as a .a to be linked in while
maintaining the openssl.a and zlib.a (so that libcurl can use those,
without having to be built with static openssl and zlib in itself. I
hope that makes sense).

If someone can show me the way, I'd much appreciate it.