Re: Help on Linux 64 bit

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:35:19 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Lai, Andy wrote:

> I have downloaded lib curl 7.12.2 and built it on Linux 64 bit platform.

Consider getting 7.13.1 instead. All version before this suffer from security
flaws: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/security.html

> I use curl to send an HTTP request to a servlet running on tomcat5. The
> doPost() method is called, but no data can be read from the input stream and
> timed out.

input stream? Who can't read? what does curl_easy_perform() return? Have you
check what data that flies over the network?

> Magically, curl received the error messages generated by my servlet.

Without getting any data?

> Apparently curl did not send the request for some reason.

What makes you think that?

> I have not debugged curl but I'd like to check if anyone encountered this
> problem before...

Consider using CURLOPT_VERBOSE and CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to figure out what's
happening in more details.