Re: Windows SSPI patch?

From: Christopher R. Palmer <crpalmer_at_vivisimo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:05:29 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Christopher R. Palmer wrote:
>
>> I've cleaned up the patch to make it conform (or at least be closer to
>> conforming) to your coding style and I've tried to polish it up a
>> little bit. I think I've addressed all the comments that you had, below.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I applied and committed. Please try it out and check that it (still)
> works fine.

Looks like I'm still not familiar enough with curl. I made a couple of
mistakes in my patch. It looks like I didn't get the top level Makefile
patch correct (I modified Makefile and not Makefile.dist). Anywhere in the
makefile, it needs to have

vc-sspi:
        cd lib
        nmake /f Makefile.vc6 cfg=release WINDOWS_SSPI=1
        cd ..\src
        nmake /f Makefile.vc6 cfg=release WINDOWS_SSPI=1

Additionally, I made a mistake in the src/Makefile.vc6. Line 75 should be
deleted:

CFLAGS = $(CFLAGS) /DCURLDEBUG

Otherwise the patch seems to be working for me. With these two changes I
can compile and it runs correctly.

> Will it be useful and make sense to add a new bit for SSPI in the
> curl_version_info() call?

That sounds like a good idea, if for no other reason than for debugging
problems that users have with the software.

There was one comment that I didn't address in my patch. That was the idea
of signalling that authentication should be attempted without a
user/password being set. As a hack, I use --user : to specify that the
default user should be used. This seems like a pretty bad idea and that
something better could be done. You mentioned that this had come up before
with digest authentication?

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Christopher R. Palmer                     palmer_at_vivisimo.com
Chief Technology Officer                  www.vivisimo.com