Re: Always getting CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT on Win2K

From: Adam D. Moss <adam_at_gimp.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:37:07 +0000

Adam D. Moss wrote:
[..]
> This generally works fine, on Linux and most Windows
> machines. However, it seems that on ~100% of Windows2000
> client machines (tested by users on several win2k machines
> at several points on the internet) and a very small scattering
> of other machines I get a CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT.

Okay, starting to get to the bottom of things now. On
Windows2000 (still just Windows2000), info from
CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION yields this trace:

-------------------------------
init_resolve_thread() failed for steambird.rbgi.net; Not enough space

About to connect() to steambird.rbgi.net port 80

    Trying 193.201.200.165...
Failed to connect to 193.201.200.165: No buffer space

No error

couldn't connect to host

Closing connection #0

This is with one of the pre-built win32 DLLs of libcurl from
the libcurl download page (I don't remember which; probably
version 7.13.0), so I'm sort of relieved to see that this isn't
just a problem with my static home-compiled CVS head win32 build.

Now, any insight into the 'Not enough space' and 'No buffer space'
messages and why these would seem to be specific to Windows2000?

Thanks,
--Adam