Re: HTTPS connections closing after single request

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:00:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Albert Strasheim wrote:

> < HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> < Pragma: no-cache
> < Cache-Control: no-cache

> As can be seen from this output, the connection is closed once the result
> for the GET is received, but the server doesn't send a Connection: close
> request or anything of that nature.

No, but it replies with HTTP/1.0 and then the default behaviour is to close
the connection after the response if the keep-alive header isn't used. As can
be seen here, no keep-alive header was sent.

> This seems to happen regardless of the FRESH_CONNECT and MAXCONNECTS
> settings (i.e. I couldn't find values that make any difference).

I guess you can try to pass on a "Connection: Keep-Alive" header.

> Is there any way I can find out why libcurl is doing this?

Only by reading source code. And the HTTP 1.0 specs of course.