RE: Windows - yet again

From: Cody DW Jones <cody_at_frozendirt.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:46:36 -0800

Kyrre,

> I'm wondering if anyone has successfully built
> curl on windows 32 platform using MSVC 6 at all,
> with or without SSL?

Here are the steps I use to build libcurl with MSVC 6:

1. Get the OpenSSL and ZLib code distributions and build each.
2. Open a cmd.exe command-line window (Cygwin will not work)
3. Run vcvars32.bat

4. Set the environment variable OPENSSL_PATH to the absolute root path of
the OpenSSL code distribution. Do not wrap the path within quotation marks,
even if it contains spaces. For example:

> set OPENSSL_PATH=C:\Documents and Settings\Cody DW Jones\My
Documents\OpenSSL\openssl-0.9.7e

4. Set the environment variable ZLIB_PATH to the absolute root path of the
zlib code distribution. Do not wrap the path within quotation marks, even
if it contains spaces. For example:
> set ZLIB_PATH=C:\Documents and Settings\Cody DW Jones\My
Documents\zlib\zlib-1.2.2

5. Run "nmake vc-dll-ssl-dll-zlib-dll". This will build a DLL that is
dynamically linked to the OpenSSL and zlib DLLs. Other build targets are
available; see "Makefile" in the root of the curl sources.

Hope this helps,
Cody