Re: Curl fails on Solaris 10

From: Nigel Horne <njh_at_bandsman.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:44:50 +0000

On Tuesday 15 Mar 2005 22:17, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> > "Out of the box" curl on Solaris 10 fails when linking, giving this
> > error:
> >
> > Undefined first referenced
> > symbol in file
> > __floatdidf /opt/sfw/lib/libcurl.so
> >
> > Trawling through archives shows that this was known about as long as 2002 on
> > Solaris 2.6. Any news on progress?
>
> Tried "configure --enable-libgcc" ? I once added that option to cure this
> problem but I don't know for sure if it ever has...

Lots of suggestions where made at the time, but none seem to work for me :-)
Others have included --with-gnu-ld, -lgcc, -L/opt/sfw/gcc-2/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/2.95.3
--enable-libgcc doesn't work either.

> This problem is what happens when you compile with gcc but links with Solaris'
> own ld. I think.

Correct, but convincing "configure" to use the gnu ld is not so easy.

> > The libcurl that Sun gives is fairly old (libcurl 7.10.3), would updating
> > fix this?
>
> No, when you build a new one the existing one has no impact at all.
>
> But, you say "Sun gives" a curl/libcurl version. How did you get that from
> Sun? Was it bundled with the Solaris 10 or was it retrieved separately
> somehow? This is all news to me and I'm curious...

I believe it's on their "Companion CD".

BTW, this is for clamAV's "mailfollowURLs" feature.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325