Re: New overnight build changes

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:20:25 -0800

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:40:40PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I've just committed code that uses inet_pton() instead in lib/hostip4.c. It

I noticed that change right after I sent the message. Shouldn't that be
using Curl_inet_pton instead? Lots of systems won't have inet_pton.

> might make a difference. If it doesn't, I'm considering allowing the test
> suite to accept errorcode "Z or Y" instead of just a single error code as
> today.
>
> I find ANDing each number part with 255 a hilariously weird thing to do...

It's pretty odd, but I can see how a simpleminded implementation might do it.
It's probably just taking the output of sscanf and stuffing each number
blindly into the right byte in the address structure.

> I think I would prefer it to work like this:
>
> --runtestsopts="-a -p -n"
>
> ... basically simply passing in the options (using make) to use with the
> runtests.pl script.

That's definitely cleaner, but involves changing an extra file ;-) I'll
redo the patch that way.

>>> Dan