Handling GET and POST timeouts

From: Anindya Sinha <as_vxml_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:56:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I am new to libcurl... so this might be a
not-so-interesting question !

I am using libcurl for my multi threaded application
(using POSIX threads) in which I have a maximum of one
curl handle associated with each thread. I want to add
handling for CURLOPT_TIMEOUT. I read the man page, and
as far as my understanding it suggested to handle it
by setting CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL to 1, setting appropriate
valaue in seconds for CURLOPT_TIMEOUT. When the
timeout happens, it calls the signal handler for
SIGALRM which should take care of the event.
btw, who receives the signal... the corresponding
thread or the main process ? And do I need to do
anything to stop/cleanup of the timer(s) ? Anything
else I need to take care ?

Is that what is reqd ? Or there is something else I
need to take care of ?

Thanks
AS