Re: How-To use NTLM proxy authentication?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:43:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Augustus Saunders wrote:

> Hmm, I'm looking at Curl_http_output_auth and I can see what's happening, and
> I'm not sure how it ever worked.

What exactly doesn't work for you? Can you show us a trace log from the auth
neg showing the failure? Can you show us a source code example we can use to
repeat the problem?

> Should all the if-elses compare against authproxy->picked instead, or is
> authproxy->want supposed to get set to authproxy->picked at some point? I
> can hack it to make it work, but I want it to be "right."

The right way is to make sure all current test cases remain working, and then
add a new one that features your case and then have that one run OK too...
I admit NTLM proxy auth is not the most tested feature, but I believe there's
at least one existing test case for it.