Re: How-To use NTLM proxy authentication?

From: Augustus Saunders <augustus.saunders_at_verilogix.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:09 -0800

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> Incidently, is there a way to get libcurl to abort an operation when
>> it gets an error back?
>

> Error back from where?

 From the server or proxy, either one.

>> I tried FAILONERROR, but it doesn't seem to do what I want. I'm
>> POSTing pretty large files and I don't want to continue uploading
>> once I know it's gonna fail.
>

> Then in what way doesn't FAILONERROR do what you want? And if not,
> isn't returning an error from a header callback good enough to add a
> "custom" abort?

I can't quite tell what FAILONERROR is doing. What I want is for the
upload to abort if an error is returned. Especially since an "error"
will often be 407--I can't make my users wait for 3 minutes of uploading
only to pop up a proxy auth dialog and then try again! No point in
transmitting 50 megabytes if the server ain't taking it. And yes, I can
do some magic in the header callback, but this seems so obvious I kind
of assumed there was already an option for it.

tomorrow. But I'm prepping a release of my software, so I'll need to
know exactly what fixed the problems and make those changes against
13.1--I can't risk any other changes. Unfortunately, I'm releasing real
soon now and can't wait for 13.2. Thanks for all your help-

Augustus