Re: [ curl-Bugs-1172824 ] freebsd ports (4.x) won't build curl 7.13.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:58:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, SourceForge.net wrote:

(As was just submitted in the bug tracker...)

> checking for socklen_t equivalent... configure: error:
> Cannot find a type to use in place of socklen_t
> ===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

> Please report the problem to roam_at_FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/ftp/curl/work/curl-7.13.1/config.log"
>
> the build has been broken for a few weeks now. I
> emailed the ports maintainer but never heard back.

This is news to me. no one has told us about this before. Also, I find it odd
that the web interface on
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=curl&stype=all seems to list 7.13.1
for the systems I checked just now... But I'm not familiar with FreeBSD and
not where I would look to find out that the "build has been broken for a few
weeks".

Anyway, can you check the config.log to see if you can understand why the
socklen_t test fails? It is the same test we've been using unchanged since
October 2003!

--
          -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-