ftp upload problem

From: Geoffrey E. Quelch <gequelch_at_frii.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:45:43 +0000

I am having problems implementing an ftp upload with curlpp, I am receiving
the error: Uploaded unaligned file size (0 out of 732 bytes), if I remove the
infile_size() call in the code, I don't get the error, but in both cases I
get a zero length file on the server.

The test ftpd server is a vanilla vsftpd installed on the same machine as the
code is running. I can transfer files to the machine using the ftp command
without a problem.

Using verbose mode in my code, I get the following output (in the version
where I don't call infile_size() ):

* About to connect() to dozer:21
* Connected to dozer (127.0.0.1) port 21
220 (vsFTPd 1.2.1)
> USER deos
331 Please specify the password.
> PASS ******
230 Login successful.
* We have successfully logged in
> PWD
257 "/home/deos"
* Entry path is '/home/deos'
> CWD deos
250 Directory successfully changed.
> EPSV
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||56962|)
* About to connect() to dozer:56962
* Connecting to dozer (127.0.0.1) port 56962
* Connected the data stream with PASV!
> TYPE I
200 Switching to Binary mode.
> STOR 20050330225650.shef
150 Ok to send data.
226 File receive OK.
> RNFR 20050330225650.shef
350 Ready for RNTO.
> RNTO SUAPHLRR2PHI.dat
250 Rename successful.
* Connection #0 left intact
* Closing connection #0

Environment: White Box Linux 3 (RedHat EL clone)
curl-7.10.6-4.1
curlpp-0.3.2-rc2 (compiled with gcc 2.96 as I am in an Oracle environment, and
that is the compiler they require.)

I used example 13 as a model for my code.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
GEQ

--