upcoming fun

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:57:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

With 7.13.2 out of the way, the road is now paved for some new fun finding way
into libcurl:

o GnuTLS support. With this (rather big) patch applied, libcurl can get built
   to do SSL linked with GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL.

   This currently breaks two test cases.

   (If anyone has any experience in libgcrypt, I could use some help in doing
   the DES and MD4 stuff for NTLM with it, since the NTLM code currently
   depends on the OpenSSL crypto code.)

o 'sockfilt' - I've ripped out all socket code from the FTP server in the test
   suite, and instead there's a new program named sockfilt that takes care of
   it. The FTP server communicates with the sockfilt program through a
   plain pipe. While this complicates the FTP server somewhat, it will allow me
   to expand the testing to soon provide FTP-SSL and FTP-on-IPv6. (Doing those
   things in pure perl is just too painful.)

   This currently breaks nine test cases or so. It is rather tricky to get
   right.

o c-ares IPv6 support. Thanks to hard work done by Dominick Meglio, we might
   soon be able to use c-ares for IPv6 resolving as well, which has been the
   last remaining reason to not use it by default.

My intention is to run all test cases OK before I commit changes for these,
but of course I may still break some builds someplace. If you have particular
interest in any of these news, I can of course offer patches on demand to
allow testing before commit.

As usual, there are no estimated dates of arrival, I just hope I'll get around
and have them working as soon as possible.